Sunday, September 24, 2006

Requiem Courtesy of Johnny, Trent, and Paul

Or maybe I'll just shut myself down completely again

I keep a close watch on this heart of mine
I keep my eyes wide open all the time
but because of you, I walk the line

I hurt myself today
to see if I still feel
I focused on the pain
the only thing that's real

What have I become
my sweetest friend
everyone I know
goes away in the end

you are someone else
I am still right here

If I could start again
a million miles away
I would keep myself
I would find a way

When you're weary
feeling small
when tears are in your eyes
I will dry them all

I'm on your side
oh when times get rough
and friends just can't be found
like a bridge over troubled water I will lay me down

when you're down and out
when evening falls so hard
I will comfort you

your time has come to shine
all your dreams are on their way
see how they shine if you need a friend
and sailing right behind

I will ease your mind